Vai al contenuto
jeremy.clarkson

Sauber C32

Post raccomandati

Malaysian GP qualifying quotes: Sauber Saturday, March 23rd 2013, 13:36 GMT

Nico Hulkenberg - 12th: "The balance of the car is still not quite right. We went out on a set of used medium tyres in Q2. We didn't have any information on the weather because the radar was broken. If we would have known the rain was coming we would have gone out on a new set. In general our pace wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but nothing is lost starting from P12. We have to wait and see what the weather will be like during the race tomorrow and prepare for all conditions."

Esteban Gutierrez – 14th: "Unfortunately, we were not able to extract the most out of the car in Q2. We went out too late on new tyres and were caught out in the rain. The team brought the set-up of the car to a really good base from FP3 to qualifying, which was something very positive. Now we are looking forward to the race. We have to analyse everything and get a good strategy together for tomorrow in order to be in the points."

Monisha Kaltenborn – Team principal: "We knew that qualifying would be a big challenge. During free practice 3 we learned a lot, which will be of particular importance during the race. Unfortunately, we weren't able to exploit the full potential in Q2 due to the weather changing quickly, however, we are confident for a strong race."

Tom McCullough – Head of track engineering: "It was an eventful qualifying session. Ultimately in Q2 we were unlucky because we weren't able to get out on new medium tyres. But starting from P12 and P14 with plenty of fresh dry and wet tyres the goal will be to score points with both cars."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Malaysian GP race quotes: Sauber Sunday, March 24th 2013, 11:57 GMT

Nico Hulkenberg - 8th: "I feel quite well rewarded going home with four points after my first race of the season in a new team and with a new car. I am quite happy with how it went, especially at the start of the race when we were quite quick on the intermediates. But then I was stuck in traffic and couldn't find my way past other drivers. I think eighth was well deserved, considering I had to fight and push a lot today. I think the potential is there, and now we have to work on a few details."

Esteban Gutierrez - 12th: "P12 is an OK result, but Ideally we would have liked to finish in the points. At the end of the race we lost time because we stayed on the same set of tyres for too long. We tried to change the strategy and I did my best. That was all we could do at that stage. Overall the weekend is a step forward and we need to keep working and put everything together to achieve points."

Monisha Kaltenborn, Team Principal: "We are happy about this result, because we had an unexpected difficult weekend. However, we were able to improve step by step. We now have a better understanding of those areas in which we have to improve. This will help us to exploit the full potenial of the car."

Tom McCullough, Head of Track Engineering: "Both drivers handled the difficult intermediate condions at the beginning of the race well, and communicated well with the engineers on the pit wall to get the right tyres at the right time. It's good to get the first points on the board. We've got a lot of good data to analyse, which will help us to be even stronger in Shanghai."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Hulkenberg ha ottenuto un buon risultato,Gutierrez è stato letteralmente surclassato dal compagno di team.

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti
Visitatore Rhobar_III

Gutierrez non mi aveva mai convinto neppure in GP2.

Chissà cosa deve aver pensato oggi Perez mentre Hulkenberg con la sua ex-squadra lo stava sverniciando... :asd:

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Per caso anche la Toro Rosso utilizza i radiatori ruotati?

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Ho postato la foto nel thread della TR, comunque no, stessa disposizione della scorsa vettura.

Modificato da The King of Spa

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Chinese GP qualifying quotes: Sauber Saturday, April 13th 2013, 08:56 GMT

Nico Hulkenberg - 10th: "I think it was a good and successful qualifying. If someone had told us before qualifying that we are going to finish P10, I would have not believed it. As we did not try to set a lap time in Q3, maybe there would have been more on the table. It was a good effort, a good lap in Q2. The updates the team has brought to the track worked pretty well and everything went smoothly for us in qualifying. I was reasonably happy with the balance of the car, so I look forward to tomorrow. We've done everything right with our approach in Q3 not to run and instead save our tyres, which now gives us the free choice of tyres to start with, which can be an advantage. Now we have got to make the right choice."

Esteban Gutierrez - 17th: "Well, it's quite a disappointing qualifying result. It was very challenging to put a first quick lap together with only one chance. It is very critical and I was trying to push a little too hard and ended up making a small mistake, which cost us a lot. I will improve on that side and make sure everything I am doing in the car is very precise. On top of that, it is very challenging with these tyres. I feel very sorry for the team, as we had the potential to easily make it into Q2 and then to fight to get into Q3. The speed which shows the potential of the car is motivating, but we still need to put everything together, and that includes from my side."

Monisha Kaltenborn, Team Principal: "We are very happy about this result. During all practice sessions the team worked in a very focused way. After the last race our engineers put into place measures on the car and their effects have been seen here. This is a very important step for the team and also significant in order to exploit the potential of the car. Nico put in an outstanding lap in Q2 and showed our progress on the track. For Esteban, we hope he will get some opportunities in the race and will be able to use them."

Tom McCullough, Head of Track Engineering: "It's nice to finally have a dry qualifying session to see where we stand compared to our competitors. We've been working very hard to improve the car since the start of the season. Nico put in an excellent lap in Q2. With regard to the race tomorrow, we elected to keep new tyres, and hopefully that will work out for us. Unfortunately, Esteban didn't make it through to Q2. It was very tight, and a small mistake ended up being very costly. But he will learn from that, and there are plenty opportunities for him tomorrow."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Chinese GP race quotes: Sauber Sunday, April 14th 2013, 10:23 GMT

Nico Hulkenberg - 10th: "It was quite a mixed race with mixed emotions. It was obviously very nice to be leading again, and to be at the front battling with the top teams. I had a reasonable start and some nice battles in the first couple of laps. I was able to gain some positions, but, somehow, towards the end of the race, we were losing or lacking a little bit of pace. Once you are in the lead or second you understandably hope for more. Nevertheless, it might not have been the true picture, as we were racing out of sequence with other people who were starting on soft tyres. But anyway, it was quite a good race. I don't think the two issues I had in pit lane made a difference between winning or losing."

Esteban Gutierrez - DNF: "First of all, I had a good start, and a good first lap. At that point in the race when the accident happened, we had a reasonable speed and were able to keep the pace in order to stay with the group in front. Right before going into the long straight I had Checo (Perez) fighting behind me, and I approached the corner too fast. I was braking at the same place where I usually brake, however, didn't anticipate the loss of downforce and the amount of speed I had. I tried my best to stop, but didn't succeed. It was definitely my fault, and I apologise to Adrian (Sutil) and to his team. It's not a good feeling to finish a race like this, but we have something to encourage us to keep going and to keep pushing. We had a good pace, and let's keep moving forward."

Monisha Kaltenborn, Team Principal: "We are somewhat disappointed with the result, because, based on how the race went for Nico, we feel we could have achieved more. We have to investigate why the performance was not as expected in the final stint. Concerning Esteban, he made a very good start. Unfortunately he lost control of the car under braking which finished his race. So he lost the opportunities which for sure he would have had during the race. For us as a team it's important to see that the technical measures we have taken for this race are right, and we have to continue working in that direction."

Tom McCullough, Head of Track Engineering: "After a strong first lap, Esteban's race ended on lap five. Nico's pace in the first three stints looked strong. In the final stint we were not as quick as we wanted to be, and ultimately P10 is where we ended up. We need to review the causes of that once we get the car back. We are looking forward to the race next weekend in Bahrain."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Gutierrez secondo me può essere il degno erede di Senna, Bruno, eh...

Dei rookie mi sembra tranquillamente il peggiore.

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Se continua così non dura.

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti
Visitatore Rhobar_III

Gutierrez secondo me può essere il degno erede di Senna, Bruno, eh...

Dei rookie mi sembra tranquillamente il peggiore.

Sul piano delle prestazioni direi di sì, ma almeno Senna le gare le finiva, seguendo il motto: "chi va piano, va sano e va lontano (mica tanto)".

Gutierrez invece sembra più un mix tra Senna, Maldonado e Grosjean.

E se fossi in lui di questo non ne andrei molto fiero...

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Dal GP di Shanghai

NIMRGQC.jpg

qf6LowR.jpg

Via F1Technical.net

Dal Gp di Bahrain

0486927.jpg

sau2m.jpg

Via F1Technical.net

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

almeno abbiamo visto come funziona il vanity panel

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Bahrain GP: Sauber qualifying quotes Saturday, April 20th 2013, 13:24 GMT

Nico Hulkenburg - 14th: "We always knew it was going to be difficult to get into Q3 today. However, I expected we would be starting closer to the top 10. The car felt quite good in the practice session this morning, but then the wind changed and it seemed very sensitive to that. I think, it will be a long race tomorrow, especially because we know we are lacking pace at this circuit, but we will fight to achieve the best result possible."

Esteban Gutierrez - 18th: "It's not a good feeling starting last, but we always knew that this weekend was going to be difficult. Our speed this weekend has not been great. It was important to drive a clean qualifying today, but I did my best and this is what I got. It was a bit of a disadvantage to do the race preparation in free practice three, because I didn't get enough practice on the new tyres on low fuel. However, it was important because the data will help us to prepare the strategy for the race tomorrow."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Bahrain GP: Sauber race quotes Sunday, April 21st 2013, 15:08 GMT

Nico Hulkenberg - 12th: "It was a difficult and frustrating weekend. It was clear from the beginning that we were not fast enough and that it would be challenging. We are lacking speed and eat up the rear tyres too much so it simply wasn't enough this weekend. We pitted a bit too late, because we expected to have more problems on low fuel, which in the end we didn't have. That cost us at least one position. This weekend clearly showed we need to bring some new parts to Barcelona in order to improve our speed and fight for points."

Esteban Gutierrez - 18th: "I expected a difficult race and this is what I got. We need to find more speed. On the first lap I had contact down into Turn 10, which was really hard to avoid. Apart from that, things were quite OK, but, of course, finishing a race like this is definitely not enough and we need to improve. We have to analyse the strategy and hopefully we will bring some good updates to Barcelona."

Monisha Kaltenborn, team principal: "We can't be satisfied with this race. We knew this track would be difficult for our car, but this cannot be an excuse. It's important that we gathered a lot of information over the last two races, which we will use as a basis for the development of the car. Nico drove a good race, so it is now our job to provide him with a quicker car. This race was a good example of how exciting Formula 1 can be."

Tom McCullough, head of track engineering: "It was clear it would be difficult for Esteban starting at the back of the grid. Unfortunately, we had to change the front wing after the first lap. It was then impossible for him to recover from there. Nico's race went as planned, but we were just not quick enough to score points, so we have to have a good look at our data, regroup and prepare for Barcelona."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

f1talks

As ScarbsF1 mentioned earlier Sauber will test DRD tommorow.

Sauber-Formel-1-GP-Spanien-9-Mai-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-2ffceca3-681748.jpg

Sauber-Formel-1-GP-Spanien-9-Mai-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-a029ccb5-681745.jpg

Sauber-Formel-1-GP-Spanien-9-Mai-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-8367466f-681875.jpg

Via F1Technical

Modificato da The King of Spa

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti
Visitatore Rhobar_III

Il loro problema è che rinunciare a Gutierrez significa rinunciare ai soldi della Telmex.

Affinchè a loro convenga davvero, devono prima trovare un pilota che oltre a essere più veloce porti in dote uno sponsor altrettanto munifico.

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti