Vai al contenuto
Lorenzo359

Caterham CT03

Post raccomandati

Però è bella

dcd1315ma16.jpg

Vero... comunque speriamo sempre in un miglioramento :)

Condividi questo messaggio

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Il colore s?, il resto...

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Ma veramente l'ala anteriore ha parte dei flap neri (sulla destra) e parte verdi? Oppure si tratta di un effetto ottico (riflessi di luce o altro)?

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

il lato verde è flow-vis

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Posteriore più scavato ed elaborato mentre il muso rimane brutto-brutto. Il colore fa molto auto elaborata e ricorda molto la Jaguar F1 2002(?) ... anche se lo storico verde scuro e giallo...

Piccolo particolare: ogni anno è sempre meno competitiva!

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

"Caterham announced an extension on their sponsorship deal with CNN" f1fanatic.co.uk

cate-sepa-2013-2.jpg

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Malaysian GP qualifying quotes: Caterham Saturday, March 23rd 2013, 10:42 GMT

Charles Pic - 20th: "We had a very good FP3, really making progress, especially on the long runs, but I don't think there was a lot more we could have done today in qualifying. I had a lot of understeer on my first run so we adjusted the pressures for the second run but I still couldn't dial out the understeer so with the performance gap to the cars ahead we probably finished up about as well as we could have hoped.

"So now we focus on tomorrow. In FP3 we found a good direction to go in the race so I think it's going to be interesting. It'll almost certainly rain and I like it when the conditions are changing on track so let's see what happens."

Giedo van der Garde - 22nd: "Qualifying didn't go well for me today to be honest. I've had an issue with a lot of oversteer on the option tyres all day and really couldn't get them to work as well as they did at the last race and that obviously hurt my pace. It's odd as the car felt good on the hard compounds in FP3 today but I just couldn't get the mediums to work so we'll have to look at that again tonight.

"However, with the car performing well on the primes and the pace we have on the inters I think tomorrow could be interesting. It's rained every day at about the same time as it'll be halfway through the race tomorrow so strategy's going to be really important. Physically I feel really good, totally prepared for the race, so we'll look at the plans for the race and hopefully pick up where we left off in FP3."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Malaysian GP race quotes: Caterham Sunday, March 24th 2013, 13:28 GMT

Charles Pic - 14th: "Off the line I had a great start and was up with Giedo for the first few laps while the track was wet enough for the inters. The team called me in to change onto the medium tyres for the first stint in the dry but as I was coming in to the box I saw Vergne being released right in front of me and I couldn't avoid him as I was turning in and there was nothing I could do to avoid their mistake. The guys did a brilliant job to change the nose and the tyres and I was out again after losing about 25 seconds - that's the sort of thing the pitcrew train for and it paid off in that first stop.

"It's such a shame that incident happened as we could definitely have finished better if it hadn't happened. It may have cost us a place and while that's frustrating it's also positive to see how well everyone reacted and to see that we didn't stop pushing, on the pitwall or in the garage. We stopped another three times after that, going onto the hard compounds for two stints and the mediums for the last thirteen laps and the car felt pretty good throughout the whole race. I was able to push right to the flag and without the pitlane issue I'm sure the final result would look different."

Giedo van der Garde - 15th: "I had a really good start, really strong and the car felt great on the inters for the first stint. Just when the conditions were going from wet to dry I heard over the radio that I had a front left puncture but it was exactly at the time we were coming in to switch to the dry tyres so it only cost me a little bit of time. I came back out on the mediums and was running well in 17th with really good balance.

"From there the race was OK. The rain that had been forecast didn't come so we didn't have another chance to show what we can do on the inters and that's a shame as I'm definitely quick on those tyres, but the car felt much better on both the medium and the hard compounds we put on in the second and third stops than it had yesterday. I didn't have the same oversteer problems I had in FP3 or qualifying but we still have work to do to reduce oversteer on entry into the corners and we'll look at that again in China. We're also going to work on improving our setup options for qualifying, maximising every run in the practice sessions to help us get the most out of the car on Saturday afternoons and that will definitely help us put in a stronger showing in quali.

"I also want to say what a good job the boys did in the stops. It was pretty tight with Chilton each time but I stayed ahead of him after good work on the pitwall and really strong work from the pitcrew. When we finished I thanked them on the radio, and after the race Tony Fernandes told the whole team how proud he was of the work he'd seen today in the stops. He's right – the boys are pushing hard and it's good to see the efforts we're making in the car are the same across the whole team."

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal: "Having both cars finish the first two races, including our home race in Malaysia, is a fair reward for the efforts the whole team has put in, considering where we are performance-wise at this stage of the season. Both drivers again had very good starts and they were running well for the first part of the race. The incident Charles was an innocent victim of in his first stop was a real shame as that seriously hit his chances of fighting against Bianchi, but the team reacted very well and I'm proud of the efforts everyone has put in here and in Melbourne, in races that we knew would be tough.

"Although the general reliability of the cars has been better than a number of bigger teams ahead, we're still having to deal with a number of pretty intense situations that are affecting our ability to control the finer details of our races. This time we had issues with our intercom failing, which prevents communication between engineers, our telemetry froze at certain points and the timing software went down which meant we weren't able to accurately map how the race was unfolding. These things go on behind the scenes and while they don't directly affect the performance of the cars they don't help, so we'll make sure we have fixes for each of those in China.

"Overall, with the strategy we've employed for 2013 and in preparation for 2014 and beyond we knew the first few races of this season would be tough, but we're not going to deviate from the plan. Even though we're running a hybrid car for the first three races we're still close to where we want to be and the updates we have coming will pay dividends. We have a long-term goal, one that is built around the whole group we are part of and one that is realistic, sustainable and which will see us right in the mix in the long run."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Chinese GP qualifying quotes: Caterham Saturday, April 13th 2013, 08:39 GMT

Charles Pic - 21st: "We've had quite a few issues all weekend and they've hurt our ability to get the most out of the car here, particularly with the tyres. We tried a couple of different setup options in FP3 and the car balance felt better this morning than it had yesterday but between FP3 and qualifying the tyre behaviour changed again and we really couldn't get them to work. In qualifying we did both runs on the soft tyres but I had traffic on my first run which meant I didn't have a clean lap. On the second run I improved my time but I still had oversteer on the exits of most of the corners and more traffic in both sectors one and two which basically ruined that lap. Even with the package we have now we know there's more performance in the car so days like today are frustrating, but we'll just have to work harder, improve where we can and focus on putting in a good performance tomorrow."

Giedo van der Garde: - 22nd: "After two productive sessions yesterday I just couldn't get the same feeling from the car in FP3 and that carried over into qualifying. Like Charles, I've had quite a few small problems in each session and together they've held us back quite a bit. We're struggling to understand the tyre behaviour here and when the track temps went up today it was like having to start again with our understanding of how to get them working. My final position in quali is obviously disappointing, particularly as I made a mistake in turn two on my second run, pushing too hard into the corner and that cost me about four tenths. Without that I'd have finished a bit higher up the grid but now we have to focus on tomorrow's race and aim for the same sort of performance we put in at the last race in Malaysia."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti
Visitatore Rhobar_III

Le Caterham possono giocarsela con Chilton, ma Bianchi è veramente troppo veloce per loro.

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Chinese GP race quotes: Caterham Sunday, April 14th 2013, 11:05 GMT

Charles Pic - 16th: "For me that was a good race, almost as good as we could have hoped for with our current performance levels and run to a good race strategy. The car felt good right from the start - the setup we went for worked well and I had a decent start on the soft tyres and came in just as they were starting to degrade heavily, came out ahead of Bianchi and for two thirds of the race I was pretty comfortably holding 15th place. Unfortunately on my third stop I came out in 16th and didn't quite have enough pace to fight so I finished in 16th, but the fact we were able to keep pace with the Marussia for the whole race and at some points be just out of reach of a Williams is very encouraging for the future. Now we go straight to Bahrain where we hope things will become interesting."

Giedo van der Garde - 18th: "That really wasn't a good race for me. I had another very strong start, passing three cars, but almost from the moment the first set of softs started going off I couldn't find any real pace and was struggling for the whole race. After a good Friday it's been a pretty tough weekend for me, but I'm a very positive person and this is all part of the learning curve I knew I'd have for the early season races and I know I have the team on my side to help me progress. We have the chance straight away to get back to the sort of performance we want in Bahrain so we'll look at what we can learn from here and move on to the next race where I'm sure things will improve."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Che genio...

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Kovalainen: CT03 more difficult to drive

Heikki Kovalainen has explained that Caterham’s CT03 chassis is more challenging to drive than its predecessor, with the former Grand Prix winner experiencing a "knife edge" balance throughout the opening practice session for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

The Finn, who has returned to the team as a reserve, tested the original car en route to 20th place, while Charles Pic went half a second quicker with a range of upgrades.

"Straight away, the feeling with the car was that there isn't any margin for error through a corner when you lean on it. It's on a knife edge," explained Kovalainen.

"It's more unbalanced than I experienced last year. It's more difficult to drive and more inconsistent. It is not a surprise because of the way that the car has been modified in terms of ride height and stiffness."

Kovalainen believes a better car setup has the ability to yield a significant amount of lap time, but the 31-year-old admits work needs to be done to the rear of the car.

"Part of it is solvable with setup, but when we improve and put upgrades on, the one area that we need to improve is the back end," he said. "It needs to be stronger."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Bahrain GP: Caterham qualifying quotes Saturday, April 20th 2013, 12:19 GMT

Charles Pic - 19th: "I'm pretty happy with where we finished today. We'd obviously have liked to be a little higher up the grid but with the package we have here in Bahrain I think we got as much as we could today in quali, so we can be reasonably pleased. We have a couple of new parts here which have definitely helped us make some progress, and after a good FP3 we were well set for quali. Yesterday the car had quite a bit of understeer which is pretty much a direct result of putting on updates at the back of the car, but the changes we made overnight gave me a much more balanced car and the final lap time today in Q1 showed the progress we've made since last week. Now we need to carry that pace into tomorrow's race and having seen relatively good deg levels on the long runs we could have an interesting fight with a few cars ahead."

Giedo van der Garde - 21st: "For me that was a decent qualifying session and I'm happy with where we finished up, considering the fact I'm in the same car we've raced since Australia without the new parts Charles has been running here in Bahrain. Overall I'm pleased for the whole team as his laptime today is a sign of what we have to come and the amount of hard work everyone's putting in to show how we can perform. In Spain I'll have the same updates as my teammate and that'll obviously mean I'll be able to compete at the level he is, but for today I got nearly everything out of the car on that final lap and I think I can play an important role in the race tomorrow on a track that we're clearly looking OK on."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

@GvanderGarde

Everyone's asked what was moving in my cockpit yesterday: it was a loose tyre pressure monitor sensor (TPMS) Wasn't ideal! Haha (fixed now!)

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

Bahrain GP: Caterham race quotes Sunday, April 21st 2013, 16:19 GMT

Charles Pic - 17th: "That's our best race of the year so far and one the whole team should be pleased with. I quickly passed both the Marussia cars after starting on the medium tyres which held up for the first stint pretty well, allowing me to pit for the first time on lap 11. By that point the car felt good, well balanced and I was pulling away from the cars behind without any issues. We stayed on the hard tyres for the second stint and again the deg levels were good. I passed Gutierrez and was running comfortably in 16th until Sutil got past about two thirds of the way through the race.

"As the fuel levels dropped the deg levels increased a little but it wasn't an issue. I was keeping pace with Ricciardo just ahead, and keeping Gutierrez behind me and we decided to stay out after the third stop so I did a very long stint on the hard tyres, 21 laps, and brought it home in 17th. I'm really pleased with how close we finished to the Toro Rosso ahead, and the fact we kept a Sauber behind - maybe if I'd been slightly further up the road after the start we could have beaten Ricciardo, but we can take this performance as a good step and look forward to what's coming next in Spain."

Giedo van der Garde - 21st: "I didn't have a great start but I was up to about 16th with a couple of other cars going into Turn 4 and saw that Vergne had spun and was moving off the line. I tried to miss him but couldn't and we made contact which destroyed my front wing and basically ended my race on the first lap. I couldn't really do anything from that point so I just got my head down and pushed but after losing so much time with the unplanned stop on lap one, and having a delaminated right front after my fourth stop, there really wasn't anyone to race with. From that point I just made sure I brought the car home and used this as another step in my learning curve.

"Despite today it's been a good weekend for the team. The developments we put on my team-mate's car have worked well and there's another step to come in Spain when I'll have the same package as Charles. From that point I think my season will look different. We'll be on tracks I know really well, from GP2, World Series and from F1, and with the updates we have coming we have reasons to be positive. The first four races have been exactly what I thought they would – pretty tough, but I'm learning all the time and the whole team's right behind me. I'm feeling really good physically and mentally and I can't wait to get started again in Barcelona."

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti

gran bella gara di pic... oggi la caterham c'era

finisce davanti a gutierrez e molto vicino a ricciardo, e in certi momenti della gara andava addirittura più forte di sutil (con la fi che oggi andava molto forte) :D

invece van der garde non ha avuto fortuna purtroppo

Link al post
Condividi su altri siti